Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh Feist, I'm coming around to you.

I've had mixed feelings about Feist for a long time. Maybe it was the way that stupid 1-2-3-4 song exploded (although in hindsight, it is actually really killer). Maybe it was when my brother pointed out how creepy she looks close up (he used a less forgiving word than creepy, but you know what I mean). Maybe it was the constant CBC rotation. Anyway, I kind of cast her out of my snooty listening universe for awhile. And then she released that absolutely bitchin' video where she stomps around in fire-proof gloves, hitting trash cans full of fireworks and making them explode, and I envied her a little. And then my little iPod of serendipity gave me this gem yesterday on my way home.



I'm not going to go all emo and post the lyrics here, but listen hard. It pretty much sums up the gong show I find myself in, and also the gong shows of most girls' lives at a given point. And also makes you feel kind of okay about it.

So anyway, Feist, if you ever want to come over for dinner, I will make you a nice lentil stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment