Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Draw your own conclusions.

In the spirit of brevity, and also the spirit of the liquor store mini bottle of Southern Comfort I just inhaled (oh Sarah, yours is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving), here's a list of songs I really wish didn't resonate with me right now, but which totally do.

1. New Year's Eve / In The New Year --The Walkmen



(these are actually two separate songs, and if a pirate had a gun to my head I would probably choose the former over the latter, but sweet Jesus if they don't both bowl me over right now.)

2. Sentimental Heart--She & Him

(I'll give you all a few seconds to have a little cry.)


3. Malediction--Stephen Malkmus



(the road to rejection is better than no road at all. yep, pretty much.)


4. Weakened State--Sarah Harmer



(verbatim, friends. verbatim.)


5. I Won't Back Down--Tom Petty



(but this one pretty much always resonates.)



6. You May Be Right--Billy Joel


(I'm singing this at your wedding, Freya.)

(Furthermore, it hurts my feelings that I cannot embed that video. Billy Joel is a wee little dancing hobbit. I think I'm falling in love.)

Goodnight, children, everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment