Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Magazine Time.

Sorry guys, my vacation has been pretty full of excitement and napping and other noteworthless pastimes, which is why I haven't updated all week. Also problematic is the fact that as soon as I get to my parents' house my literacy level drops down to that of a comatose himalayan cat and I read nothing but back issues of Everyday Food and Canadian Living. Oh, and the Hamilton Spectator "Special Announcements" section, which is seriously the standard-bearer of citizen journalism and automatically makes you feel about 25% better about your own pathetic life. No matter how bad things get, at least your dental hygienist graduation photo isn't plastered across the front page above a poorly-written paragraph about your dubious achievements, capped off with the best wishes of your nana, papa, and Chappy the family spaniel.

Not that I wasn't secretly upset my parents never put an announcement in when I finished grad school--if they had I might have forgiven them for the bald baby photo they sent in when I turned thirteen.

Anyway, between my dad turning 60 and my mom winning the Women of Distinction award this week, me and my kin are having a pretty awesome time. So awesome that I think I'm going to go rest my eyes for a bit and then maybe scoff at an episode or two of John and Kate Plus 8. Oh TLC, you are my heroin.

1 comment: