Friday, November 18, 2011

It's Friday, I'm in love (with my stereo).

A soundtrack for driving to work and trying not to cry at the first sub-zero morning of the near-winter.

1. Paul Simon: Obvious Child. You'll dance, you'll cry, you'll drum on your steering wheel till you accidentally honk your horn.



1a. Guys, I'm starting to get pretty frigging pumped about the Graceland 20th Anniversary Tour next year. PRETTY FRIGGING PUMPED.



2. M. Ward: Epistemology. I like songs that reference screwing up the words to the hymns.



3. Titus Andronicus: No Future Part III. Because it's comforting to remember that you really will always be a loser.



4. Billy Joel: Don't Ask Me Why. Three minutes of SMOOTH GOLD.



5. Elton John: Rocket Man. I don't know, I honestly can't think of a moment for which this song is NOT the best choice.



5a. Here's something I love: When a song takes six minutes to get to its incredible climax, and those last thirty seconds are so, so worth it. Example: Someone Saved My Life Tonight.



6. Beach House: Walk in the Park. This is more of a night driving song, in my humble opinion, all blissed out nostalgia and soothing keyboards. Mmmmm.



7. Belle And Sebastian: Lazy Line Painter Jane. Included as a tribute to all the music I would never have known about if it weren't for my various ex-boyfriends (or possibly just one in particular). Monica Queen's voice gets me every time. Basically an essential track for any mix tape produced in Oshawa between 1999 and 2002.



And, scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment