Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas memories.

I found this really, really random playlist on my iPod a couple of weeks ago while scrolling around looking for my Christmas music. It is called "Kridmit" for reasons that some may understand. I must have compiled it somewhere around 2008, because it is comprised of a fine balance of songs that very accurately convey the uncertainty, sadness, and puppy love that characterized the last few months of that year of my life (not to mention my affinity for do-wop Christmas covers). Here's a cross-section.

1. White Christmas--The Drifters



2. End of Empire--Sam Roberts



3. River--Joni Mitchell



4. Don't Do It--The Band



5. The Friendly Beasts--Sufjan Stevens



6. Tomorrow is a Long Time--Bob Dylan



7. Hard Candy Christmas--Dolly Parton



I'm fairly sure I put this playlist together for a drive home from Ottawa to the Hammer, or maybe one of my many existential jaunts from South Frontenac back to the Glebe. In hindsight, it's a Christmas miracle I didn't decide to run my car off the road once and for all. Hallelujah, the times they are a-changin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment